Refined Soybean Oil is a Vegetable Oil, which is extracted from the Seeds of the Soybean. Refined Soybean Oil is one of the most consumed cooking oils according to the US agricultural services data information. Refined Soybean Oils, both liquid and partially Hydrogenated are sold as “Vegetable Oil”, or are ingredients in a wide variety of processed foods. Most of the remaining residue (Soybean Meal) is used as Animal Feed. As a Drying Oil, processed soybean oil is also used as a base for Printing Inks (Soy Ink) and Oil Paints.
It contains 85% of unsaturated fat and has one of the highest fat profiles of vegetable oils. Soybean Oil contains 85 percent unsaturated fat and 24% monounsaturated fat. It has a natural taste, is high in polyunsaturated fatty acids and is odorless. The melting point of 24–26 °C makes it suitable for use in food and non–food products. Soybean oil is often processed into Margarine and Shortenings, Mayonnaise, Salad and Dressings. The food and hotel industries use Refined Soybean Oil for various products. It is also used for applications in the Pharmaceutical Industry and an Emollient in Cosmetics.
Refined Soybean Oil is Pale and Yellow. It mostly contains various Glycerides, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Plamitic Acid and Linolenic Acid. Soybean oil is nutritious, has a high smoke point and is an inexpensive oil.
Top Soybean Oil Benefits for Health:
1. Good Cooking Medium: It is one of the healthiest oils that can be used for cooking. Soybean oil is rich in poly–Unsaturated Fats, Omega–6 Proteins and Amino Acid Linoleic acid. It is low in saturated fats and is voted as a great cooking medium by several doctors.
2. Inhibits Cholesterol Absorption: Soybean oil has “Sitosterol”. This reduces the risk of contracting several health diseases. Consumption of Soybean Oil also helps avoid and inhibit the cholesterol absorption by the human body.
3. Delays Aging & Prevents Skin Problems: Soybean Oil is rich in Vitamin E that is a Lipid and an Antioxidant. It helps keep the cell membrane intact. This ensures that the cell membrane and skin act as barrier to harmful radicals, thus delaying aging and preventing skin problems.
4. Bone Health: Soybean Oil is rich in Vitamin K, which helps in bone strengthening and bone formation.
5. Treats Alzheimer’s Disease: Vitamin K present in Soybean Oil helps prevent damage to the brain cells. Studies have proven that consumption of soybean oil in moderation can keep diseases like Alzheimer’s at bay.
6. Prevents Cancer: Soybean is said to help prevent Cancer. It reduces the absorption of Oxygen free radicals in the human body.
7. Treats Heart Related Conditions: Soybean has Omega–3 fatty acids. These play a vital role in reducing the risk of contracting cardiovascular diseases and arrhythmia.
8. Reduces Triglyceride Levels: Soybean Oil and soybean food intake helps reduce the Triglyceride levels in the body.