Refined Corn Oil (Maize Oil) is oil extracted from the Germ of Corn (Maize). Its main use is in cooking, where its high smoke point makes Refined Corn Oil a valuable frying oil. It is also a key ingredient in some margarine. Refined Corn Oil generally less expensive than most other types of vegetable oils. One bushel of corn contains 1.55 pounds of corn oil (2.8% by weight).
The issue to use corn oil as well as other vegetable oils for cooking is not just the Oxidized Cholesterol they create (which significantly increase risk for coronary heart disease), but also their very high amount of Omega–6 Fats, which it throws Omega–6 and Omega–3 ratio in the body out of balance. It is reported to have an Omega–6 to Omega–3 ratio of 49:1, a very far cry from the ideal 1:1 ratio.
Uses of Corn Oil:
Apart from serving as a less–than–ideal cooking oil, It also has several industrial uses, including as an addition to “Soap”, “Salve”, “Paint”, “Ink”, “Textiles”, and “Insecticides”.
Refined Corn Oil is also a Feedstock used for Biodiesel and sometimes functions as a carrier for drug molecules in Pharmaceutical products. It is considered for hair care and contains 54 percent of Omega–6 and 28 percent of Omega–9 fats, which lock water inside your hair and make it stronger and better protected against dryness.
The promoted benefits include moisturizing the hair follicles. It nourishes the scalp, helping prevent hair dryness and loss, promoting growth, and helping prevent external damage.
The various uses of Refined Corn Oil around the house, including the following:
- Make your sink shine: Rub oil on your sink using a soft cloth.
- Clean wood surface of stuck paper: Rub the area where the paper is stuck with the oil. Let stand until the paper is soft enough for peeling away.
- Soften baseball mitt: Rub the palm of the mitt with corn oil, fold the mitt around the ball. Then use a rubber band to secure it. Place the mitt overnight between your mattresses.
- Clean up spots from wood furniture: Put corn oil on a soft cloth, dip into cigarette or cigar ashes, and wipe the area where the white spot or watermark is until it’s gone.
- Coat your snow shovel: Rubbing the oil on your shovel will prevent snow from sticking to it.
Benefits of Refined Corn Oil:
It contains more sugar than other vegetables. Also, it is compared with cereal grains like wheat and rice, has a lower calorie count. It is filled with Flavonoids and Lutein, which together help maintain healthy mucus membranes, skin, and vision.
It also has Vitamin A, Thiamin, and Vitamin B6 source. It contains a lot of water and is rich in Dietary Fiber. These days, it is very important to learn if your favorite corn is organic or grown from GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) or GE (Genetically Engineered) seeds.